1/4 c Firmly packed brown sugar
1 tb Melted butter
1 tb Corn syrup
1/4 c Pecan or walnut halves
Crust for 2 crust pie
Filling for pie:
2/3 c Sugar
2 tb Flour
1/2 ts Cinnamon
4 c Sliced apples
1/2 ts Nutmeg
1. In a 9″ pie pan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and melted butter
and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Arrange pecan or
walnut halves over the mixture. Set aside.
2. Make your favorite pie crust. Take the bottom crust and put it
over the mixture in the pie pan. Heat oven to 425F.
3. In a small bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, nutmeg, flour
and cinnamon; mix well. Arrange the apple/sugar mixture over the
bottom crust of the pie. Top with the top crust. Seal and flute.
Cut slits in several places.
4. Bake at 425F for 8 minutes, and then reduce heat and continue to
bake at 375F for 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown. It would
be wise to place pie on cookie sheet covered with foil, as it
will run over.
5. While pie is baking, prepare a glaze of 1/2 c confectioners sugar,
1 tsp vanilla, and enough milk to make into a glaze. This will be
used on the top of the pie when removed from the oven and still
6. Remove pie from oven; loosen edge of pie. Cover top of pie with
glaze. While still hot, carefully invert pie onto large serving
plate. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.