2 c Packed grated raw potato
1/4 c Grated onion
1/2 ts Salt
1 Egg white, lightly beaten
Flour for your fingers
A little oil
1 tb Olive oil or butter
1 c Chopped onion
2 md Cloves garlic, minced
1/2 ts Salt
Black pepper to taste
1/2 ts Basil
1/4 ts Thyme
1 md Cauliflower in sm pieces
2 Eggs or 1 whole + 1 white
1/4 c Milk-lowfat ok
1 c Packed grated cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 400. Oil 9 inch pie pan.
2. Combine grated pie potato and onion, salt, and egg white in a small
bowl and mix well. Transfer to the pie pan and pat into place with lightly
floured fingers, building up the sides into a handsome edge.
3. Bake for 30 mins, then brush the crust with a little oil and bake it 10
more minutes. Remove from oven, and turn the temp down to 375.
4. Heat the olive oil or butter in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic,
salt, pepper and herbs, and saute over medium heat for about 5 mins. Add
cauliflower, stir and cover. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally,
about 8-10 minutes.
5. Spread half the cheese onto the baked crust ok if it’s still hot.
Spoon the sauteed veggies on top, then sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
Beat the eggs and milk together, and pour this over the top. Dust lightly
6. Bake 35-40 mins, or until set. Serve hot or warm.